La Veuve
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
La Veuve

Forum consacré à l'étude historique et culturelle de la guillotine et des sujets connexes

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Dynasties of death

5 participants
AuteurMessage
CARNIFEX
Admin
Admin
CARNIFEX

Emploi : Justice

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyMar 14 Avr 2009 - 13:24

Very interesting. I will see the end of the movie later (I have to work, now Wink ).

In the movie, I've seen this curious photography:

Dynasties of death Cfa6348be611697abf70f2a3a4f89dbb

I think, it is a fake, but... scratch

Monsieur de Paris
piotr

Emploi : MD-but I'm not working in prison ;-)

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyMar 14 Avr 2009 - 16:27

I guess the photo is original but taken in Italy (this is an italian ghigliottina/manaia)

Where is Titus_Pibrac? affraid
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
gordon anderson
Aide confirmé

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyJeu 16 Avr 2009 - 11:57

CARNIFEX a écrit:
Very interesting. I will see the end of the movie later (I have to work, now Wink ).

In the movie, I've seen this curious photography:

Dynasties of death Cfa6348be611697abf70f2a3a4f89dbb

I think, it is a fake, but... scratch

Hello Carnifex, It is a very real photo of a guillotine (Italian) execution . The picture shown in the video is Jacques delarue's . He was very kind to give me a very good copy of this same picture some years ago after I met him in Paris along with Alistair Kershaw. Note the decapitated body laying on the front edge of the scaffold. It is hard to see in the photo made from the video here just as it is in the actaul video itself.

When I returned to the U.S.A., as a gesture of gratitude to Delarue and also to Alistair Kerhaw ( autor of The History of the Guillotine) -for the time we spent together in Paris and for their kindness , I assembled and painted a Model for each of them of Aurora's Madame Tussaud's La Guillotine kit. They were delighted as it was banned in France and they had both wanted one .You can see the model I sent to Delarue in one of the videos on the Guillotine in which Delarue speaks, indeed this may be this one. Alistair in turn, kindly had a series of professional detailed pictures made for me of Guillotine related objects-- including both Guillotine models-- at the Musée de la Préfecture de Police. One of the models was reportedly Deibler's and a photo of it is pictured in a very old book I think it was Mace's . I have it, but i will have to check to be certain. by the way, the Italian Guillotines were much taller than the examples that are in museums , if indeed they are authentic ones. In reality they were at least 16 Feet tall.
ADDED LATER: It is this video. I just rewatched my copie of the video. You can see my model , the one i assembled and painted and gave to M. Delarue at 15:06 seconds to 15:16. it on the shelf to the left of his head at the left edge of the picture . It is in profile with the basket.
CARNIFEX
Admin
Admin
CARNIFEX

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyJeu 16 Avr 2009 - 12:31

Hi Gordon Andersen,

Is it possible to see your good copy of this picture?

Thank you in advance.

Aide confirmé

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyMer 29 Avr 2009 - 9:06

CARNIFEX a écrit:
Hi Gordon Andersen,

Is it possible to see your good copy of this picture?

Thank you in advance.
Hello Carnifex. Nice to meet you . Yes I will be happy to post it for you . it is a full length shot showing the top . However, i need to know how to insert it directly into the website . Perhaps someone fluent in English can give me precise directions. Thanks Gordon
CARNIFEX
Admin
Admin
CARNIFEX

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyMer 29 Avr 2009 - 19:51

gordon anderson a écrit:
Hello Carnifex. Nice to meet you . Yes I will be happy to post it for you . it is a full length shot showing the top . However, i need to know how to insert it directly into the website . Perhaps someone fluent in English can give me precise directions. Thanks Gordon

I'm afraid I'm too bad in English to explain you. Neutral I hope someone else will help you. What a Face

I'll be in holydays next week, without internet access .So, I hope you'll have time enough to find how to do. lol!

Monsieur de Paris
Javier

Emploi : Retraité

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptyMar 5 Mai 2009 - 12:23

Hello Gordon Anderson,

You can send us an image through Imageshack. Please follow these steps:

(1) Go to www.imageshack.us and supposing you have the "Internet Explorer" browser,
(2) Left click on the "Browse" button. A small window opens.
(3) Inside the small window look for the image in your hard disk, select it and open it. The small window closes.
(4) Left click on the "Start upload" button.
(5) When uploading is done, the Internet Explorer window changes.
(6) From the new window, copy the address tagged as "Direct link to image"
(7) Paste that address into our forum and all of us will see your image.

May this be of help to you.
gordon anderson
Aide confirmé

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptySam 9 Mai 2009 - 20:59

Javier a écrit:
Hello Gordon Anderson,

You can send us an image through Imageshack. Please follow these steps:

(1) Go to www.imageshack.us and supposing you have the "Internet Explorer" browser,
(2) Left click on the "Browse" button. A small window opens.
(3) Inside the small window look for the image in your hard disk, select it and open it. The small window closes.
(4) Left click on the "Start upload" button.
(5) When uploading is done, the Internet Explorer window changes.
(6) From the new window, copy the address tagged as "Direct link to image"
(7) Paste that address into our forum and all of us will see your image.

May this be of help to you.

Dear Javier. Thank you so much. I always enjoy your postings ,pictures and animations. I will try this but first, I would prefer to insert the image directly into the forum like some of the members do. Can someone help with this procedure? Thank you Gordon
Boisdejustice
Monsieur de Paris
Boisdejustice

Emploi : Ingenieur

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death EmptySam 9 Mai 2009 - 21:22

Gordon,

Unfortunately, this forum does not allow the direct hosting of pictures like the Axis History Forum.

You can however insert the picture so it is visible in your post by placing the IMG and /IMG symbols (each inside <>) on either side of the link to the place your image is hosted. That way it shows up as a picture and not a link.

Javier's instructions are probably the best way to go.
http://boisdejustice.com
Contenu sponsorisé

Dynasties of death Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dynasties of death   Dynasties of death Empty

Dynasties of death
Page 1 sur 1